Sydney Rides Festival
About Sydney Rides Festival
Now in its 7th year, Sydney Rides is establishing itself as must-do on the Sydney event calendar.
The festival celebrates all things cycling, with a diverse collection of events for all ages and experience.
The City produces several events during the festival period including The Big Adventure, Sydney Rides Photo Exhibition, Try-a-Bike, Suit Ride, Mechanics Challenge and Light the City.
At the heart of the success of the festival has been the diverse collection of events delivered by people like you – bike-related business, advocacy groups and community members who want to see more people riding in Sydney.
The Sydney Rides Festival will feature as a major event on What’s On.
The major event page will feature all associated events, together with editorial about the festival giving visitors the opportunity to browse the program and learn more about each event.
Watch how the festival benefited Omafiets in Redfern.
Get your event featured in the Sydney Rides Festival campaign
Register a What’s On user account and click the link in the confirmation email to complete your registration.
Submit your event on the website.
Events that meet our submission guidelines will be featured in the Sydney Rides Festival campaign. Please submit your event online by Friday 3 August 2018. Late submissions may not feature across some of our communication channels but they'll be listed online.
1. Prepare your listing
- Browse the site to get a feel for what works.
- Check the event submission guidelines.
- Get your copy and information together. See Anatomy of an event listing for an outline of all fields.
2. Choose a hero image – photographic images work best!
- Photos are best for your main image. We cannot publish images with text, post logos, clip art or flyers.
- You can upload flyers and logos as additional images.
- Find image specs and more in our knowledge base.
3. Tag your event Cycling
You can add up to 5 tags to describe your event. Be sure to include Cycling as one of your tags!
Reach an engaged audience
Once submitted, events that meet our event submission guidelines will feature on What’s On and may also appear across the following Sydney Rides Festival marketing initiatives:
- Sydney Rides Festival editorials featured on What’s On
- Features in our weekly What’s On e-newsletter in September and October (30,000 subscribers)
- Features in the SydneyCycleways e-newsletter in September and October (15,000 subscribers)
- Posts on our City of Sydney Facebook page (181,000 likes), Twitter (159,000 followers), Instagram followers (100,000 followers) and Google + (80,000 followers)
- Posts on our SydneyCycleways Facebook page (27,000 likes), Twitter (3,100 followers) and Instagram (2,000 followers)
- Sydney Rides Festival media program – inclusion in releases and pitches to mainstream media
There are activation opportunities available at The Big Adventure and Light the City.
To find out more or for help with your submission, please contact us.
All event content selected for use across the Sydney Rides Festival marketing campaign is at the editorial discretion of the City of Sydney.
Sydney Rides Festival recognition
- Display the Sydney Rides Festival logo on your website, with a link to sydneyridesfestival.net.
- Add the Sydney Rides Festival logo to your marketing collateral including flyers, posters and other materials
- Recognise your event as being part of the festival in all media releases and other communications (for example e-newsletters).
Download the Sydney Rides Festival logos (Zip file 7.7MB)
02 9246 7307